moacircaetano

Trace highlighting problem

Discussion created by moacircaetano on Feb 23, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 by mhamel

Hi everybody,

I am developing a C# ProcessBook Add-in to manipulate tag data in memory. In my add-in, I can use a tag to create data copies and execute some operations like average and data replacements. The main purpose of the add-in is to allow the user to eliminate undesirable values, using implemented functions, without to change the real data of the tags. After that, the user can save the data in other tag or export data as a file.

To use the plugin, the user creates a data copy of some tag, AF attribute or imports data from a file. The add-in implements the IdataProvider3 interface to provide the data like a ProcessBook Dataset. The figure below shows this step.

8154.vcmapus.bmp

TagSim.cdt158 is the dataset provided by the add-in. The problem is when I move the mouse over the tag name in trend, ProcessBook stops to work for a long time. For example, if I have 30-day data in memory, PB locks the screen for almost 30 seconds. The add-in executes many data operations and the process is very fast, but this ProcessBook feature is disturbing my development.  But this lazy behavior doesn´t happen when I move the mouve over a tag or AF attribute.

Is there a way to intercept the PB event (I think could be a Trend event) responsble for highlighting the trend ? Or is there a way to programmatically disable this feature? I think if is a way to disable this feauture, I could use LineWidth property to programmatically "highlighting" the trace. Has somebody another options ? I have tried to investigate Trend events and methods, but I didn´t find anything to undesrtand and debug what is happening.

Thanks a lot!

Outcomes