5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2018 3:54 PM by A.Roomi

PI AF Notification - Push Notifications

A.Roomi

Hello,

Anyone have tried or know what how to convert PI AF Notifications to be as received as Apple push notifications.

I don't know if it could utilize the web service endpoint channel or it require costumed channel of delivery.

Your suggestions is highly appreciated.

Roomi, A Y

• Re: PI AF Notification - Push Notifications
          rborges

Sorry, I didn't understand your question. Are you trying to send AF Notifications to the Apple Push Notification Service or are you trying to copy its behavior and create your own popup notification on your mobile device?

A.Roomi

So, we are looking to forward the af notifications to mobile device management (mdm) system that supports push notifications and this mdm system has an api call in order to send apple push notifications. My question, is it possible to add this api call in the web delivery channel or there is different way to integrate in order to forward the same AF notifications to be pushed to apple push notifications?

Thanks,

Roomi  Abdulrahman

Eugene Lee

Hi Abdul,

I would recommend that regardless of the version of PI Notifications that you are using, the best way would be to add your api call in a custom web service that you create yourself. This custom web service is independent of the PI Server.

Following that, you can call this custom web service from PI Notifications using the WebService delivery channel.

The benefits of this approach are

1. If you are using the older version of Notifications (before 2016 R2) that has custom delivery channels, the WebService delivery channel is already built in.

2. When you upgrade to Notifications 2016 R2 and later which doesn't have custom delivery channels, the WebService delivery channel still exists and you can easily use the custom web service that you have already created without worrying about the migration of code.

3. All your business logic is in the custom web service.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                sraposo

Hi Abdulrahman,

I have the same questions as Rafael Borges and would like to confirm that you are using PI Notifications 2016 R2 or later.

Thanks,
                Seb