AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue with the PI Web API client library for Python: module error

Question asked by maortiz on Apr 11, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 by gregor

Hello

I am very very new to programming. I do not know much. I am trying to install the PI WebAPI module on my computer. I am using Microsoft visual c and have Python installed via the Anaconda package.

As I understand, PI WebAPI conforms to the Swagger standards and therefore one can use the Swagger wrapper to avoid having to do multiple GET statements. (I don't really even know what this means but apparently working with the swagger wrapper version is easier so I don't have to use GET all the time??)

I do not have github installed on my computer and wont be able to get it. Therefore, I tried to install this by downloading the files from github and doing it manually using the SetupTools version. Apparently I already have Easy Tools on my computer. Not sure what the purpose of that is.

I went to https://github.com/osimloeff/pi-web-api-client-python and I downloaded all the files.

All it says on that link is:

Install via Setuptools.

python setup.py install --user

(or sudo python setup.py install to install the package for all users)

Then import the package:

import osisoft.pidevclub.piwebapi

I then went into my command prompt and typed in <C:AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3>python C:\Desktop\PI-Web-API-Client-Python-master\PI-Web-API-Client-Python-master\setup.py -install --user

I don't know if this is even right...but a bunch of stuff apparently installed based on the command prompt image below.

Then I try to call on the module "import PIWebApiClient" or "import osisoft.pidevclub.piwebapi" and I get errors in visual code saying that there is no module called by PIWebApiClient and no module called Osisoft

I show another picture of this also below

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatttttttttttttt. Thank you!

I vc2.JPGvc3.JPGCMD.png

Outcomes