1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 17, 2018 1:21 PM by afink

pibackup not scheduled. Backup type UNKNOWN started and pibufss running

Dubus

Hello,

I have a log in PI Message Logs saying a backup near at 1:30 AM but I don't have a scheduled tasks for this.

In Scheduled Taks, I have just a schedule for a bakcup but at 19 :00PM.

Someone can tell me where the backup at 1:30 AM comes from ? Not from Windows Scheduled Tasks obviously.

Only think I have near at 1:30 AM it's files pimsg_[date].log. Backups are between 1:25 AM and 2:00 AM.

Windows 2012R2 and PI 3.4.375.80.

Thank you very much

Jf

• Re: pibackup not scheduled. Backup type UNKNOWN started and pibufss running
          afink

Jean-Francois,

Unfortunately tracking which third party applications are calling a PI Backup can be a bit tricky.  Can you check the backup history in PI SMT -> Operation -> Backups -> Details and provide a screenshot of what you see? 

• You may also be able to find hints of a third party application calling a backup in Windows Event Viewer application message logs around the same time as the backup. 
          • Is any other 3rd party backup software installed on the machine?
          • Is the PI Data Archive installed on a VM, it may be a VM backup that is causing the PI Backup.
          • Is the machine managed by an IT group at your organization? They may have a better idea of software installed/operations on the machine.

Hopefully investigation of these items will help uncover where the backup is coming from.

- Adam

1 of 1 people found this helpful