I am writing because we have a "problem"after we updated our PI for OPDDA Interface (OPCInt) from version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168. The update worked so far, PI is still collecting and archiving data.
After the update however, I have noticed that the compression seemed to be much higher. Here is an example tag (red arrow marks update time):
I have checked the compression parameters, but they didn't change.
The I check our second historian, which is pulling data from the same OPC DA server and whose interface software wasn't touched during the update process of OPCInt. Also here, I could see that the "compression" changed, point in time marked by first red arrow (excuse me for pasting a screenshot of a competitors historian, but I need it to make the point):
Then between the second and third Arrow, I stopped the OPCInt service for a few minutes. The data quality went back to the state before the OPCInt update. IMO a sign that the OPC DA server is working fine, but the communication with OPCInt somehow influences how it makes data available. I have browsed the a bit the knowledge base, and explored a bit the new trend advise feature that came with 2.5.0. But after checking our configuration, I would say that we have no Advise Tags configured. Also the /TA parameter is unspecified in the OPCInt1.bat.
At this point I am a bit puzzled and would like to ask the community for help.
Thanks a lot in advance!