1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2018 7:42 PM by sraposo

Excel Spreadsheet to AF Table

Mike315

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to expedite the creation of an AF table in PI System Explorer. I have an excel spreadsheet of data that was provided to me which contains the information I need to add. I've created the columns for each column of data in excel. I have been attempting to copy/paste sets of rows from excel into System Explorer but it seems limited. Initially I tried to paste all 1800 or so rows into the table and it wouldn't go. I kept reducing the number of rows i attempted to paste until I was down to about 150 rows and that worked. However in order to continue pasting rows into the table I had to continuously decrease the number of rows I moved at once, until it got to the point that I system explorer just ignores me trying to add rows. Is there a workaround for this? I tried converting my excel spreadsheet to an XML file and do an import but I think the way excel coverts the sheet isn't compatible with PI AF as it always gives me an error. Any ideas on how to get this information into PI? Thanks!

Mike