5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2019 4:20 PM by jjohl

what are the costs/fees applicable for this course?

Adityajk

what are the costs/fees applicable for this course?

• Re: what are the costs/fees applicable for this course?
          jjohl

Hey Aditya,

The course video lectures are all free to view.  You can walk through the exercises described in the video lectures on your own PI System free of charge.

If you would like, you have the option of purchasing:

1) Participation in an Instructor-Facilitated course which will earn you a certification upon completion.  An OSIsoft instructor will provide feedback and direction on your progress throughout the 3-week class.

2) A virtual learning environment which will provide the necessary PI System components for which to run through the class material.

Both options can be purchased here: Course Schedule List - OSIsoft Learning. Let me know if you have any questions!

Jason

Rebin

hi Jason,

First, thank you for your clarification.

I was wondering whether I would be missing anything if I would only follow the video courses without registering for the online course; can you clarify on this?

Regards,

Rebin

jjohl

Hey Rebin,

You'll be missing (1) the certificate of completion and (2) the ability to get help and feedback from an OSIsoft instructor.  You will not be missing out on any course content, if that is your question.  Hope that helped, let me know if you have any other questions!

Jason

Rebin

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your quick reply! I understand that obtaining the certification and to have the ability to receive the feedback from the OSIsoft instructor will be a benefit.

One more question, the instructor will be only available to answer questions I guess, or will he/she be proactively instructing the course? Will there be additional virtual sessions or videos when you register?

Rebin

jjohl

It really varies based on instructor.  Some instructors will reach out to students individually to check on their progress, some will host office hours that any students can attend, some stay more active on the PI Square forums.  Most instructors do some form of proactive instruction, but it definitely varies.  There are not additional virtual sessions or videos when you register.  All of the content is open for free