2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2018 12:46 AM by LalBabuShaik

PI VISION 2017 - No way to create a new database

JF.URBIETA

Dear all, we are experiencing a very bad impress with the PI VISION 2017 installation as there is no way to create the new database.

We have tried to run directly from a command window as administrator the "go.bat" file but there are always failures indicated in the log file.

I just have to define our deployment environment: a windows 2K12R2 (French) server, and as it is a brand new one, nothing was installed previously.

So we have installed SQL Express instance, then run the PI VISION Setup.

Now the result is :

• from the PIVISION website admin display, we can see the PI-DA server (connection OK)
      • from the PIVISION website admin display, we can see the PI-AF server (connection OK) and the related databases
      • from the PIVISION website admin display, we can see the SQL server (a local one), but nothing as a valid database for VISION
      • from the PIVISION website admin display, we cannot have information from the webcrawler (red cross)
      • from the PIVISION website admin display, we are still connected to PI VISION Services with default NT AUTHORITY\Network services (but translated in French) instead of the PI VISION service account named ... PIVISION

Any help will be welcome, as online documentation seems to be not sufficient for this case (but maybe we miss something???)

Let us know,

Thanks a lot

• Re: PI VISION 2017 - No way to create a new database
          rschmitz

Hi Jean,

I think issue would likely be best handled in a Tech Support case as it sounds fairly involved. My first though is to take a look into the creation of the SQL Database and determine what the actual errors in the logs are when using the go.bat file as no displays can be saved without the database being created. From there we can work on the second issue of the PI Vision failing to connect to the PI Web API Crawler endpoint - which sounds like Kerberos delegation and.or certificate issue.

I reiterate though, I think issue would be better handled in a Technical Support case.

Cheers,

Rob

• Re: PI VISION 2017 - No way to create a new database
            LalBabuShaik

Hi Jean

As Rob suggested request you to log a tech support case.

Request you to collect below information which will be handy during the resolution process.

1) Service account or local account you are using for PI Vision.

2) DB permission set for the PIVision Group or user account.

3) Delegation permissions if you are using a service account.

4) User ID you are using to access PI Vision

Regards,

Lal