4 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2018 8:45 AM by Hanzandaag

System.NullReferenceException error

Hanzandaag

Hi,

I recently changed a program.ini to send forecast data using a web API, except that since then I have the following error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" so I do not receive any data in my database but all my print runs (Note that my pi data server is in unknown status and my pi asset server does not work for the reference error also on the pi connector for ufl website).

Edit :

When I connect an old program that has always worked, it does not work and when I delete and put the pi asset server on the Connector site, it sends me data from another program in database and the values are "excluded"

Thanks for your help

• Re: System.NullReferenceException error
          sraposo

Hello,

The error "object reference not set to the instance of an object" is a very generic error and isn't informative. The stack trace below shows that the error shown is coming from the Tau framework which is responsible for sending anonymous data back to OSIsoft. A problem with the Tau framework shouldn't affect software functionality in any way.

I think we need a little more information to help you. What do you mean by the PI Data Archive is in an unknown status and the AF Server doesn't work ? Those core components need to work for you to get data from the UFL Connector.

Thanks,

Seb

Hanzandaag

Thanks for your answer Seb, so I want to test a weather forecast program but I have recently my pi data server in unknown status and my pi asset server in error. By adding my asset server it remains to connect 1 or 2 min time to send data, and I realized that no matter the program it always returns the same data in values excluded and the items affected by the program are in admin so I have to make a cancellation.

Before :

After :

sraposo

Hello,

You will need to get your PI Data Archive and AF Server to be in a good state. There are numerous possible root causes. The first thing I would check is that you can connect to each from the node where the connector is running. If you can, I think you should call into Tech Support to have a remote session with one of our engineers. This might be a little hard to handle via blog post. We can come back to this thread in the future to update it with a solution.

https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Contact-Us/

Thanks,

Seb

Hanzandaag

Thanks, I don't know why but my PI Asset Server run now, so I only have the PI Data Server in unknown status.

Edit :

The PI Data Server run, I I opened pi mdb to af, i followed the instructions, then i got an error message where the connector no longer had access to data and state folders in the PI Data Server folder, and i I just delete the folder including state and data, since it works.