2 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2018 5:55 AM by 529931

Totalizer resetting at incorrect time

Hello All,

We have recently setup a PI server by restoring the backup from an existing server. We had few running totalizers configured on the source server that reset everyday at 8AM AEST. On the destination server, these totalizers are resetting at 4PM AEST. Note that the tag configuration is same on both the source and destination servers.

Last week I had come across this issue, and based on my checks, the clock time on the destination PI server was already set to the correct timezone. However I noticed that the localhost.tz file on the server was of a different timezone (European Timezone) instead of Australian East time zone. I had deleted the localhost.tz file and restarted PI SMT which recreated the file with AEST timezone.

Even after the change, the totalizers reset at 4 PM everyday instead of 8AM AEST. Could someone let me know what is the issue here and what needs to be checked to get the issue fixed?

Thanks,

Nandhini.S

• Re: Totalizer resetting at incorrect time
          sraposo

Hello Nandhini,

Since your PI Data Archive is running on a server with a clock configured for the eastern time zone, and there has been some changes to the DST rules for this time zone in the past, I would recommend downloading the localhost.tz file from the Tech Support website: https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Downloads/File/c056db9e-5d15-4052-af69-15f7e578231c

Once copied to the dat folder, you will need to restart your PI Data Archive for the changes to take effect.

Thanks,

Seb

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Totalizer resetting at incorrect time

Hello Sebastien,

Thank you for the update. I had raised a case #878651 for this issue.

When we performed the above steps of copying the correct timezone file and restarting the PI data archive, the newly created totalizer was working fine. However for the existing totalizers to work as expected, we had to edit the totalizer tags for the configuration changes to be updated in the pilasttot_t.dat (piserver\dat).

I have tried changing the offset for the totalizers and reverted the changes to get them edited, and it started working thereafter.

Thanks,

Nandhini.S