2 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2018 9:35 AM by BSomers

pi vision event table filter on acknowledged AND reason code

BSomers

I am trying to create an event table in PI Vision 2017 R2, so that when operators acknowledge an event, it ensures they also must select a reason code. Both these actions would then remove the event from the event table (using the Search criteria).

The problem is that I can do one or the other, but not both. So for example, I can set the search criteria to only show 'Unacknowledged' events. I can also set the search criteria to only show events where the reason code is not equal to its default value (i have created a 'Not selected' default value). But you cannot do any sort of AND/OR functionality with these search criteria. Basically I need the search criteria to only remove the event frame from the table if the event is acknowledged AND a reason code other than the default is selected.

I don't believe what I want to achieve is possible, but I am trying to ensure I have explored all possibilities before we go down the route of trying to get a custom symbol developed. Is there something that could be done with adding another custom attribute to the event frame template (which then does some checking). I tried adding a new custom attribute, and use a formula as data reference, but I cannot seem to reference the acknowledged value of the event frame.