1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2018 1:44 PM by JF.URBIETA

AF attribute value SQL access when at same level

JF.URBIETA

Dear All,

Hope you're fine!

So here is a stupid question (but questions never are stupids, only some answers may be... :-))

In a PI-AF Hierarchy, I've to reach a value for sub attributes in a SQL query. When I need to recover values from parents and grand parents it's ok using the famous ..\..\ syntax!

But here the question is :  how to access a sub-attribute located at same level?

Let me describe it:

I've an attribute called A with a sub attribute called S_A, and I've another attribute called B (at same level than A) with a sub attribute called S_B.

S_B value is a TableLookup with a SQL Clause where I need to use the S_A value as a trigger.

So I've tried  things like:

SELECT Column FROM Table WHERE MyColumn=@[.\A|S_A]

SELECT Column FROM Table WHERE MyColumn=@[..\A|S_A]

SELECT Column FROM Table WHERE MyColumn=@[..\|A|S_A]

SELECT Column FROM Table WHERE MyColumn=@[..|A|S_A]

Of course none of this one is OK, so any help to achieve this please? (Latest version of PI-AF 2017)

Just to add something, if I go to an other branch hierarchy, I can access the values using the MyColumn=@[.\|D]

Knowing D is an attribute with the same level than the parent of A and B...

And optionnally, because I was thinking that SQL commands were misinterpreting dots, may I use a dot as an attribute separator (meaning S.A instead of S_A)

Thanks a lot in advance!