4 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2018 4:00 AM by skwan

Intended fixes/enhancements for future releases

jmoretti

I would like to see what specific bug fixes and enhancements are planned to be included in the release of PI Server 2018 (and future products).  The PI System Roadmap only includes major enhancements targeted for a specific release.  Is there someplace online that we can view these intended additions?  Thanks!

• Re: Intended fixes/enhancements for future releases
          vkaufmann

I think the best guy for your question would be Stephen Kwan. We do try to keep up to date with our feedback site but exposing our entire product backlog would be unruly and probably more confusing than helpful.

--Vince

skwan

We don't have an external list of everything that are (will be) included in the PI Server 2018 release.  For a typical release, we complete hundreds of items, some external, some internal, some created during the development cycle, etc.  Upon release, the release note lists a majority of these completed items, but not all.  We don't list ones that are deemed proprietary or if were created and fixed during the course of the development cycle.  Is there something you're specifically interested in?  Or do you just want more details in general?

We're almost to the point of a release candidate so all new features have been completed and we're going to start the User Acceptance Test soon.  If you have specific interests, drop me a note.

--

Steve Kwan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  jmoretti

Hi Steve,

Thank you and Vincent for your prompt replies.  This is definitely a two-part question as I would like general details and I do have something specific in mind.

1. As an integrator and former customer, we are often faced with the decision to build our own applications using OSIsoft developer technologies if OSIsoft doesn't provide out of box a particular functionality we need.  It would be beneficial to see if OSIsoft is planning to release a product revision that contains an enhancement or bug fix that we are trying to address now or determine if we are willing to wait for the release.  I do realize there is a feedback website but I haven't used it enough to determine if I could find exactly what I'm looking for or if it's easy enough to then also read through replies to see if OSIsoft agrees to add it to a future release, and when.

2. The specific request that I had in mind was something I've tossed around years ago with a former colleague and I think he put it in the feedback site but I can't find it.   Basically, I want the timestamp of the output of an expression Analysis to be that of one of the input's timestamps with the application being correctly historizing calculations that make use of manual data entry.  The closest in description seems to be this one: Choose the timestamp output for an analysis based on a variable of calc – Customer Feedback for OSIsoft & the PI System .  Looking at this now, I do see that you did comment that it is in beta and will be in PI 2018, which is great and shows the value of the feedback site in helping to answer my question.  It sounds like OSIsoft is committed to making that request happening, so I would imagine I could view a list of these commitments somewhere (going back to my general need).

Thanks!

Jonathan

skwan

Jonathan:

We're currently not in the position to give you the entire list of items that we will have completed for the 2018 release.  We're still finalizing the release note(s) and they are pretty raw at the moment.

As to the output timestamp override for analyses, the new release will allow you to set the output timestamp to be the value of a particular "Variable".  When I say a "Variable", I mean each row in the grid where you configure your Expressions.  Therefore, if you have a variable that evaluates to a timestamp, you can set that to be the output timestamp for the analysis.

Regarding feedback.osisoft.com, perhaps you can try searching under "PI Server" for all suggestions that are in Beta and that would give you some idea as to what will be in the PI Server 2018 release.

Again, if you have anything specific that you want to inquire about, just let me know.

--

Steve Kwan

1 of 1 people found this helpful