4 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2018 7:00 AM by Paurav Joshi

Store Table lookup DR in PI tag

Paurav Joshi

Hello Folks,

Here is scenario:

I have AF table regardless of linked\unlinked. I got AF attribute value via table lookup dr.

I want to store that value in PI tag rather than AF attribute.

As per my knowledgge, in current AF version we cannot have table-lookup and PI tag combined dr.

Please suggest the ways you know it can be achieved.

Thanks,

Paurav Joshi

• Re: Store Table lookup DR in PI tag
          skwan

Option 1: RDBMS Interface :-)

Option 2: How often do you refresh the table lookup?  How often does the remote table update?  Do you want want to update on demand (adhoc) or on a schedule or when remote table updates?

--

Steve Kwan

Paurav Joshi

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response.

I should have mentioend in question that answer should be except RDBMS interface .

I'm interested more in option 2:

How often do you refresh the table lookup? How often does the remote table update?

Let's take 2 cases here :

Case 1: Remote table updates every minute/second, i.e., fast refresh

Case 2: Remote table updates every day/hourly, i.e., slow refresh

Do you want want to update on demand (adhoc) or on a schedule or when remote table updates?

I would like to update whenever remote table updates in almost all cases. Would like to know your thoughts on how can I update table on demand ?

Thanks,

Paurav Joshi

arosenthal

Hi Paurav,

What I usually do is model two separate attributes: one with a Table Lookup Data Reference, and another with a PI Point Data Reference. Usually my structure looks something like this:

Then, in I will create an AF Analysis that simply takes the Table Lookup value and writes it to the PI tag:

It is recommended to set the AF Analysis to run periodically with this approach.

2 of 2 people found this helpful