AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to install the Delta DCS V OPC Server into a new VM Server?

Question asked by Muthulingam-EnQuest on May 17, 2018
Latest reply on May 21, 2018 by Muthulingam-EnQuest

Hi guys,

I am planning to upgrade the PI System in our facility as the current one needs to be updated.

Before I do that, I would like to move the PI OPC Interface from a Desktop PC (Offshore) to a new VM Server (Offshore).

Current Setup:

• the PI OPC Interface is physically installed in the PI Buffer PC (Offshore)
  • the Delta V OPC Server is also installed in the same machine =, the PI Buffer PC (Offshore)
  • the PI Server 2012 3.4.390.16 (version 2012) is installed in a VM Server (Onshore)
  • PI ProcessBook Version 2009 at the Server end
  • VM Server - Windows Server 2008

Desired Setup:

• I would like to install a new PI System (PI Server, PI AF Server, AF Analytics, PI Notifications, PI ProcessBook, PI Active View, PI Webparts and PI Vision etc) into a new VM Server with Windows Server 2016 and migrate all the PI Data Archives and Settings to this new Server
  • I would also like to move the PI OPC Interface from a Desktop PC to a new VM Server
  • I would like to eventually move into a Web Base Application Setup like PI Vision so that can user can access the PI System from any device.

My questions:

1. What are the prerequisite Softwares that I have to Install into the new VM Server (Onshore) before I do the actual PI System Installation? for example like Microsoft SQL Server, VB...etc
  2. Who should be doing the Delta V OPC Server installation into the new VM Server (Offshore)? Is it the Delta V DCS Vendor? or can we do it ourselves?
  3. What is the correct sequence to do all the above installations and Data Migration?

Best regards,

Muthulingam Ramiah

Ganesh Supromaniam

Outcomes