I am planning to upgrade the PI System in our facility as the current one needs to be updated.
Before I do that, I would like to move the PI OPC Interface from a Desktop PC (Offshore) to a new VM Server (Offshore).
- the PI OPC Interface is physically installed in the PI Buffer PC (Offshore)
- the Delta V OPC Server is also installed in the same machine =, the PI Buffer PC (Offshore)
- the PI Server 2012 3.4.390.16 (version 2012) is installed in a VM Server (Onshore)
- PI ProcessBook Version 2009 at the Server end
- VM Server - Windows Server 2008
- I would like to install a new PI System (PI Server, PI AF Server, AF Analytics, PI Notifications, PI ProcessBook, PI Active View, PI Webparts and PI Vision etc) into a new VM Server with Windows Server 2016 and migrate all the PI Data Archives and Settings to this new Server
- I would also like to move the PI OPC Interface from a Desktop PC to a new VM Server
- I would like to eventually move into a Web Base Application Setup like PI Vision so that can user can access the PI System from any device.
- What are the prerequisite Softwares that I have to Install into the new VM Server (Onshore) before I do the actual PI System Installation? for example like Microsoft SQL Server, VB...etc
- Who should be doing the Delta V OPC Server installation into the new VM Server (Offshore)? Is it the Delta V DCS Vendor? or can we do it ourselves?
- What is the correct sequence to do all the above installations and Data Migration?