2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2018 10:28 PM by jjohl

PI Cloud connect : Attributes which reference other attributes (using the |Attribute format)

Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi All

PI cloud connect has few unsupported AF objects one of them being:  "Attributes which reference other attributes (using the |Attribute format)".

As per documentation available all child elements and attributes will be transferred but unsupported objects "Attributes which reference other attributes (using the |Attribute format)" are an exception.

1) Limits in AF which are generally reference as Attribute|Hi or Attribute|Lo in this case will it fall in unsupported category?

2) Formula references are supported but if I a child element with parent referenced as |Name then will it fall in unsupported category?

Regards,

Lal Babu Shaik

• Re: PI Cloud connect : Attributes which reference other attributes (using the |Attribute format)
          Roger Palmen

That's not so nice... Also because, seen from AFSDK, i don't really see a good reason why this should not be supported.

But to your questions:

1. Limits are not references to other attributes (although you can configure them to be). It is just confusing that the path also includes the | symbol
          2. I think here the same applies, this is only the reference within the Formula sources itself

How i read it (no time to test) is that it is not supported to use an attribute reference in the PI Point DataReference. Maybe someone else can shed some more light in this?

• Re: PI Cloud connect : Attributes which reference other attributes (using the |Attribute format)
            jjohl

Hey Lal,

What documentation are you looking at?  The documentation here indicates that "Attribute data references which reference attributes that have also been published" are supported.  I just tested this on my PI CC test system to be sure and Attribute references and Limits worked without a problem.  I wasn't quite sure what you meant about your second point, but assuming the |Name attribute is also contained within the publication, I don't think you would have any problem.  So short answer, those should both be supported.  I can do some specific testing and provide screenshots if you like, just let me know what you're looking for!

Jason