2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2018 9:21 PM by stuart.watson

Event Frame setup - Capturing before and after detail

timheck54

I have spent some time looking around for this and run across several examples of accomplishing this task but I wanted to ensure I was not missing a feature that is already included in Event Frames.

1. How to get 30 minutes or x duration of data BEFORE the event is true and subsequently identify data AFTER the event closes.

Items run across so far:

1. Create a new PI point with an output tag of -x timestamp for whatever duration you care about..this is not ideal because the event itself then has a false duration.

2. Utilizing Child events with event frame generator (not ideal as end users are not familiar with EFGen and I don't see that as an ideal long term solution)

Thoughts? Is this an area of improvement? Maybe I am dreaming but I thought this capability already existed in PI AF for Event Frames.

Ideally: Event Frames are captured for the event in question and actual duration is specific to that criteria. For investigation purposes users should be able to define pre-event and post-event duration's to aid in troubleshooting

• Re: Event Frame setup - Capturing before and after detail
          gchermont

Hello Timothy,

You can easily track your variables within a period of time right before the event frame starts by using the "Advanced Event Frames Settings.." available in the PI Analysis Event Frame Generation type.

However I am afraid you won't find a direct feature to have the same for the a period after the event closes.

Please refer to this document for more information about how to configure the Event Frames.

Regards,

3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • Re: Event Frame setup - Capturing before and after detail
            stuart.watson

Getting data after the event frame has closed usually involves recapturing the values.

My recent blog contains a PowerShell script and details of how to do this.

Late Arriving Data - PowerShell Script to Recapture EventFrames

You can setup an attribute with a positive RelativeTime using TimeRangeOverride for averages and values.

e.g. TimeMethod=TimeRangeOverride;RelativeTime=+30m;TimeRangeMethod=Average

On the event close this will either give the current values or No Data - but when the Event Frame is re-capture afterwards, it will capture for the time relative to the Event Frame end time - even when that is in the future relative to the Event Frame.