AnsweredAssumed Answered

Event Frame setup - Capturing before and after detail

Question asked by timheck54 on May 17, 2018
Latest reply on May 18, 2018 by stuart.watson

I have spent some time looking around for this and run across several examples of accomplishing this task but I wanted to ensure I was not missing a feature that is already included in Event Frames.

1. How to get 30 minutes or x duration of data BEFORE the event is true and subsequently identify data AFTER the event closes.

Items run across so far:

1. Create a new PI point with an output tag of -x timestamp for whatever duration you care about..this is not ideal because the event itself then has a false duration.

2. Utilizing Child events with event frame generator (not ideal as end users are not familiar with EFGen and I don't see that as an ideal long term solution)

Thoughts? Is this an area of improvement? Maybe I am dreaming but I thought this capability already existed in PI AF for Event Frames.

Ideally: Event Frames are captured for the event in question and actual duration is specific to that criteria. For investigation purposes users should be able to define pre-event and post-event duration's to aid in troubleshooting

Outcomes