3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2018 7:24 PM by vwolf

analysis not writing  to all elements

smanw

Hi,

One of my analysis is not writing back to all the AF elements.It is scheduled at one hour interval, but its writing only few of those at one hour interval,rest are updating randomly at any time(this could be because of auto backfilling which is enabled).I tried stopping them, starting again, restarting analysis service altogether but no results so far.

In the event viewer i can see this log repetitively:

ANRecalculationRequestXmlFileStorage.CheckIfMethodNotThrows[]:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\OSIsoft\PIAnalysisNotifications\RecalculationProcessor.RequestedRecalculations.xml' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)

at OSIsoft.AN.Analysis.Calculation.ANRecalculationRequestXmlFileStorage.CheckIfMethodNotThrows(Action action)

Could anyone help with what might be causing this and what could be the possible resolution fr this.

Thanks,

Shweta

• Re: analysis not writing  to all elements
          vwolf

Hello Shweta,

Automatic backfilling and recalculation will only be triggered if the service itself is started, and even in that case, no values should be written to the tag if the analysis is not triggered. So it should not be the root cause.

To troubleshoot analyses, you may "View Analysis Service Statistics". In this case, make sure the Analysis is periodic and "Trigger Time" is chosen in Advanced Options.

The event log error indicates that the user that runs the PI Analysis Service does not have access to the 'C:\ProgramData\OSIsoft\PIAnalysisNotifications\RecalculationProcessor.RequestedRecalculations.xml' file. The user running the Analysis Service requires Read/Write/Modify to the %ProgramData%\OSIsoft\PIAnalysisNotifications directory and its contents.

Regards,

Victor

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            smanw

Ok so irrespective of the error that I am getting, my main issue happens to be all analysis not updating at the periodic time that they are scheduled for.However, data is getting updated later on for remaining elements through auto backfilling. Could this be a performance lag, if yes how to identify the root cause and get it resolved.

vwolf

Periodic Analyses configured with "Trigger Time" output option should not write data to timestamps that are not scheduled, even during auto-backfilling. A performance lag could delay the writing of the value, but would not change the timestamp of the result (for analyses configured with "Trigger Time" output). Maybe there is another analysis configure to output to the same tag.

I suggest contacting Tech Support. This issue is easier to troubleshoot via remote session.