4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2018 4:11 PM by James_Lambert

AF Email Based on Tag Value

James_Lambert

I am working with a few pi ping tags. I am trying to setup an AF notification to say if pingtag1 = "I/O Timeout" Send email to me.

I've gone into AF and configured all of my tags. I can't seem to figure out the syntax to get tagval(pingtag1,'*') (which evaluates to 0ms ping currently) I'd like to get some syntax so that if that value changes to I/O timeout I get an email or SMS notification.

Thanks,

James

• Re: AF Email Based on Tag Value
          Steve Boyko

You want to start with if BadVal('tag1') to find out if it is a good value or not. If you want an email whenever it is anything but a millisecond value, this is all you need to check.

If you want I/O Timeout specifically, I believe the DigText() function will allow you to compare the specific text.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
              James_Lambert

Steve

I am trying to trigger this as an event frame. So when this tag triggers as I/O Timeout it generates an event frame that causes a specific rule in my AF to send out an email..... does that make sense?

Thanks,

rschmitz

Hi James,

I tihink this is what Steve was trying to point you towards. You can test if a tag has any kind of system error using:
                  BadVal(TagVal('I/O Timeout','*'))

If you're just looking if the tag is specifically equal to I/O Timeout you can do that with:
                  DigState(TagVal('I/O Timeout','*')) = "I/O Timeout"

-As an example I set up a Tag that reads I/O Timeout and mapped it to an attribute named I/O Timeout to demonstrate that this works.

Cheers,

Rob

3 of 3 people found this helpful