2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2018 11:19 AM by Muthulingam-EnQuest

How to add an additional Attribute (like Exdesc) into all PI Points?

Muthulingam-EnQuest

Hi guys,

I would like to add an additional PI Attribute column into all my PI Points so that I can add additional PI ProcessBook Page Information to each PI Point.

Is this possible?

If yes, how do I do it?

Best regards,

Muthulingam Ramiah

• Re: How to add an additional Attribute (like Exdesc) into all PI Points?
          rschmitz

Hi Muthulingam,

What PI Point attributes are available to a PIpoint are fixed based on the Point Class of the PI Point (this is the attribute on the far right under the General Tab in SMT > Points > Point Builder).

What additional information are you looking to add to the points? Is it possible the Tag's descriptor would fit your needs? How about adding meta-data or child attributes using PI AF?

Cheers,

Rob

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: How to add an additional Attribute (like Exdesc) into all PI Points?
              Muthulingam-EnQuest

Hi Robert,

Thanks for such a prompt response.

I understand now, the Pi Attributes are dependent on the Point Class.

To answer your question (My use case):

I am developing a PI ProcessBook Search Page which would enable the users to search and navigate to the Primary PI ProcessBook Page where the specific PI Point is used in.

So when the users type in a specific PI Point (Tag Name) into a search box, the result would return the link to the Primary PI ProcessBook Page that the specific PI Point is used in.

Yes, you are right, I think the Tag's Descriptor would actually fit my needs for now, I just didn't want to rename the Tags initially as it would get too long, but I think it would be the best interim solution for me right now...

and yes, adding the Meta Data/ Parent-Child Attributes using AF would be the best solution for my what I'm looking to accomplish. This is actually in the pipeline together with the Server Upgrade/ Software Upgrade that I will be implementing soon.

Thanks again for clearing it up Robert.

Best regards,

Muthulingam Ramiah