3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2018 5:19 AM by Eugene Lee

I need to store the pi raw data in excel, how ?

Rana

I need to store the pi raw data in excel, how ?

• Re: I need to store the pi raw data in excel, how ?
          Eugene Lee

Hi Rana,

We normally do not store PI Data in Excel. What we do is to visualize the PI Data in Excel (the storage is still in the PI Data Archive) via PI Datalink.

Another way I can read your question is that you have data in Excel that you want to store in the PI Data Archive, in that case, you can make use of the functions PIPutVal() and PIPutValX() in Excel VBA.

Rana

HI Eugene

Thanks for the reply, actually we need to store around 150 tags data store ( Raw Data ) without compression and other mathematics. In PI server we do not have much space so what we want that we can monitor raw data in excel before saving in PI server, if we can store that data in our PC.

OR

Is there any data collector for this purpose, which can get the data from our DCS OPC server ?

Sincerely,

Rana Javed| I&C Manager | HPSL  | Hub Power Station - Pakistan |

Direct+92 21 565 9888| office +9221 111221122 |Fax +9221 38687615 |Mob +92 301 8281524

P Go green ! Printing emails is usually a waste.

Eugene Lee

Hi Rana,

Unfortunately, our data collector PI Interface for OPC DA, gets data from your OPC server and puts it in the PI Data Archive and not in Excel. What is the frequency of your data? If it is high, won't it be tedious to vet it manually? And if it is low, why would you run into space issues? I think the long term solution will be to get more storage space or you can move the archives which are very old to another cheaper storage solution to free up space on your system.