AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI Integrator for BA Questions

Question asked by rvrecic on Jun 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2018 by ayang

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions about the PI Integrator for BA that I was hoping somebody could answer:

1. I've read that the advanced version of PI Integrator has "streaming" data capability. Does this mean that Power BI (for example) could receive data as it enters the PI archive, similar to PI Vision? Is this only for a group of tags, or does this update each individual tag in the "view" as data enters the archive for that tag?

2. When a view is configured in the PI Integrator, what is the fastest/maximum poll rate?

3. Is there a theoretical maximum number of tags that can be configured for data retrieval in the PI Integrator? I would imagine that the intent is not to poll every single tag from the PI archive? Maybe this is why the intention is not to use a Visualization app like Power BI for Real-Time data, like PI Vision?

4. When polling a group of tags from PI, are interpolated values retrieved? Or does the PI Integrator have the smarts to poll compressed data from multiple tags - I assume this isn't the intended use-case since all data points should come back with the same time stamps...

Thanks

Outcomes