5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2018 3:21 PM by Rick Davin Branched from an earlier discussion.

How do I properly refer AF SDK and what namespace do I need to refer?

gregor.vilkner

Hi there, could I ask which sdk's you reference and what namespaces you include? I can't get the osisoft.af.pi.piserver nor osisoft.af.pi.pipoint objects to resolve.

I keep having trouble using "pi sdk" resources through the AF sdk - only way this works is the pisdk from 2016 with way different methods. Just reinstalled the lastest of both.

1. PISystems myPISystems = new PISystems();  - yes through the afsdk with using OSIsoft.AF
      2. PISystem myPISystem = myPISystems.DefaultPISystem;  - yes through the afsdk with using OSIsoft.AF
      3. PIServer myPIServer = PIServer.FindPIServer(myPISystem, piServerName);  - this doesn't work. it offers PI3Server, but that doesn't include a FindPIServer method
      4. PIPoint myPIPoint = PIPoint.FindPIPoint(myPIServer, piPointName); - same here. the only way for me to use PIPoint is using the pisdk, and that doesn't include a FindPIPoint method

What am I missing? this has got to be basic stuff.

Cheers,

Gregor