4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 11:14 PM by Ahmad Fattahi

Introducing Users' Point System

Ahmad Fattahi

Hello vCampus Community,

We just launched the User Point System! The goal is to recognize and encourage distinguished contribution to the community. It is by no means "the measure" of one's contribution but just one angle to it. Once again, we really appreciate everyone's share in making OSIsoft vCampus what it is today.

Here is how it works; just hover over one's name by your mouse and you see the score:

5518.Member-points.jpg

And here is the criteria. As you see the goal is to recognize contribution in the form of posting a new note in the forums or replying. Please share your feedback!

4274.User-point-criteria.jpg

• Re: Introducing Users' Point System

I am replying to this just to get an extra 15 points Only joking...

Are you going to run any kind of monthly statistics based on the user points?  When you look at other social network sites, such as LinkedIn, you see that they have running statistics of "Top Influencers this month", ...  

Ahmad Fattahi

Rhys @ Wipro

I am replying to this just to get an extra 15 points Only joking...

In fact that's a very good point to have an eye on! You don't want to incentivise posts just for the sake of points; thanks for bringing this up

Rhys @ Wipro

Are you going to run any kind of monthly statistics based on the user points?  When you look at other social network sites, such as LinkedIn, you see that they have running statistics of "Top Influencers this month", ...  

Currently we don't have the infrastructure to do that out of the box; however, I'm sure we can come up with the queries inside Telligent to build this up. We will look into this. In fact, it would be one quantitative and objective way toward picking All-Stars
                  Lonnie Bowling

Oh man another number for me to obsess about 

All in all I “think” I like it, will have to test drive it.  It would be so cool for users to be able to rate post, but I’m sure that is a pain, if not impossible to do.  I know it has been brought up many time already. 

Thanks for the tweek!!

(so is this 2 points?)

Ahmad Fattahi

Mission accomplished: we wanted to add something fellow vCampusers obsess about Joking aside, please share your thoughts either way.

Also in terms of rating posts, you have a very valid point. In fact, I see a lot of overlap between this and what Rhys said earlier about "fake posts". We are evaluating an upgrade to the vCampus platform along with a bunch of improvements. Rating posts will be a very important item for us to pursue.

(That is 15 points for you and 2 for me!)

(Wait another 15 for this post for me!)