2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2018 11:28 AM by rcarter

How do I keep excel from constantly updating or calculating

rcarter

Greetings,

New to PI and finally created a query in Excel to grab some data.  Now I am modifying this query but excel keeps updating the array as I am trying to modify it.  How do I configure excel to not update or calculate anything until I am ready?

• Re: How do I keep excel from constantly updating or calculating
          gregor

Hi Richard,

Welcome to our user community!

Are you using PI DataLink, one of the PI SQL products e.g. PI ODBC Driver or another Developer Technology through VBA? Please share some details, so we can make an educated guess of what's going on.

• Re: How do I keep excel from constantly updating or calculating
              rcarter

Gregor,

Thank you for replying.  I think I figured it out.  I am using the PI Datalink add-in in Excel.  I created a template to pull back some data at 1 second intervals.  Since it is a lot of data, I am pulling back once a day for the day and will do this 10 times to collect all the necessary data.  When I change the startdate range, the excel sheet started calculating the new data.  This was becoming a nightmare as I had to wait for this calculation to update and then change the end date and let it calculate to get the data I wanted.  Then save it and do it all over again.  There is a check box under Excel Options to manually calculate the sheet by Pressing F9.  Initially, it is set for automatic update.  I unchecked that and now I can change what I want and then calculate when I am ready.

2 of 2 people found this helpful