1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 8:22 PM by gchermont

How do I archive PLC data to an assigned timestamp other than "now"

sauerj
      • Say I have a PLC array tag named: F3_MST_HMI[24]
      • Say there is a grid of these 24 points ([0] thru [23]) on an HMI page, under column headers of 00:00, 01:00, 02:00 ... 22:00, 23:00
      • An entry box on the HMI, tied to tag F3_MST_HMI[0], is located below time: 00:00; ... And, an entry box on the HMI, tied to tag F3_MST_HMI[1], is located below time: 01:00 ... and so forth.
      • The operator changes F3_MST_HMI[0] at some time but maybe not right at 00:00.
      • I want PI to archive this new entry (from PLC tag F3_MST_HMI[0]) to a single PI point (call it "F3_MST") and archive it to the timestamp of 00:00, even if time that F3_MST_HMI[0] value changed AFTER 00:00.
      • Then, when 01:00 rolls around, PI will archive the value in PLC tag F3_MST_HMI[1] (even if the PLC tag value changes after 01:00) to the same single PI point ("F3_MST") and archive it to the timestamp of 01:00. So, if F3_MST is a step point (which it would be), I would get step-wise looking data that changes "on the hour".
      • NOTE: Any new or changed value in any of the F3_MST_HMI[24] tags would get archived to the timestamp that it was assigned to per the "time grid" and/or as it was configured in the PI Builder setup.
      • How do I do this?????????

Thank you!!!!

• Re: How do I archive PLC data to an assigned timestamp other than "now"
          gchermont

Hello Joe,

If the timestamp isn't the correct one, this can't be achieved by using a PI OPC Interface or connector directly. The OPC Protocol will allow you to send data with the actual source timestamp or the interface timestamp.

So that you can use PI Analysis to correct the time (requires another tag) or try to send this data to a different platform such as a relational database and use a PI RDBMS to collect the data (that will allow custom timestamps).

Regards,