4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2018 3:18 PM by Seedubs

Minute by Minute data in an Event Frame

Seedubs

Hi all,

I have an event frame that currently captures avg, sum, start, end attributes. One of my rates is not linear and I cannot see what is happening to that asset during the event frame, I can only see the previously stated attributes.

How can I build something that lets me have my data sorted by event frames, but also have higher resolution data stored with it?

Thanks!

• Re: Minute by Minute data in an Event Frame
          lmalone

Hi Corey,

Typically, data within an event is aggregated data; so these functions are provided because they resolve a wide range of use cases. You mentioned that one of your 'rates' is not linear... Exactly what information are you trying to capture in the event frame? In cases where these functions aren't specific enough, starting with AF 2017 R2, you have the ability to output the result of analyses to event frames.

You can read here for details on implementing this new feature.

Seedubs

Thanks for your reply Anthony!

I have a filter press that rids the slurry of water which changes the weight over the cycle.

The change in weight is not linear, especially towards the end of the cycle where most of the liquid is removed. We are looking to see if we can cut the cycle sooner to save compressed air costs ie when the rate of change flattens.

lmalone

Hi Corey,

Sorry for the delay.

Even though the event frame only captures the 'Weight' value at the start time or end time of the event, the Data Archive contains the rest of its history. Therefore, when visualizing the event frame in vision, you should be able to see the exact moment that the weight of the water starts to level off. Here is a YouTube video that demonstrates what I am talking about.

Basically, when an event frame is captured, only single values are stored with the event frame. However, PI Vision creates a visual for the Event Frame by using the time context of the Event to trend all related attributes.

Is that something that might help here?

1 of 1 people found this helpful