AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI Vision - Collection including another collection?

Question asked by GTS_TomH on Jun 28, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2018 by Roger Palmen

Hi all,

Big fan of PI Vision collections after their introduction last year. Wondering if there's an answer or a planned enhancement for this feature, because I can't seem to get it working currently.

Let's say I have 8 hydro production facilities, and at each facility I have (amongst other equipment) some variable number of pumps.

Site ABC

Street Address

Site Contact

Rollup Analysis 1

Pump 1

--> Condition

--> Operating Temperature

--> Run time

Pump 2

--> Condition

--> Run time

Pump 3

--> Condition

--> Run time

Site DEF

Street Address

Site Contact

Rollup Analysis 1

Pump 1

--> Condition

--> Run time

Pump 2

--> Condition

--> Run time

etc.

Obviously, thanks to collections, it is trivial to generate a "site overview" page for one facility - I can have a collection to generate info for X number of pumps, along with a single 'Value' widget for the 'Rollup Analysis 1'. However, I don't seem to be able to find a way to quickly replicate the combined "overview" information for all 8 facilities.

I can copy and paste the collection I created earlier 7 times, set the root path for each manually, and add 7 Value widgets manually, but by the time I have done all that, the process involves about 15 steps. I'd love it if I could say to Vision "build me a collection with all facilities, and in that collection include the Rollup Analysis, and a collection of all the pumps, for each site".

Am I just wishfully thinking for this feature?

Cheers

Outcomes