3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2018 9:11 PM by jru

Missing Attributes

Juliemac

I up graded our PI system from 2010 to 2017 and added PI Vision.

So much better than Process book!

But.

In looking under assets and tunneling down, only a few of the assets have attributes.

If the tags exist already (7082 so far), what did I lose or what did I forget and how can I retrieve them or recreate them...

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks!

• Re: Missing Attributes
          jru

Hi Julie,

Thanks for posting on PI Square.

At this pointc it's unclear what the root cause is.  Generally speaking, Vision uses a search crawler that indexes your attributes and PI Tags.  Since this sounds like a fresh installation, you might still be in the processing of indexing everything.

I'd recommend going to https://<webserver>/piwebapi/admin/search/database.html  where <webserver> is your Vision Web Server name.  This is the search crawler admin page and it should you the status of the crawl. 

If you see that the databases are fully crawled this is likely a permission issue.  I'd recommend double checking if your Web API Search Crawler Service account has read permissions to those AF Databases and AF Elements.

Let us know what you find out

~Jesse

Juliemac

The system has crawled the databases.

Looking at the PI Buil;der, I see no difference between the tags with Attributes and those with out....

jru

Hi Julie,

The other common error can be caused by the user not have a valid mapping that has permissions to those tags/attributes.  I want to make it clear that the use must have have valid Windows mapping and not a trust when authenticating to the PI/AF servers.

Can you verify that for us?

If nothing really stands out, please call/email into Tech Support to get a remote session to have more focused troubleshooting.

~Jesse