1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 5:34 PM by tramachandran

Point ID not found in archive Error

Noga

After connecting to a PI Archive Data server, I deleted a point (named: CDT158) using the PSM tool by choosing the point in the Point Builder and choosing the "Delete PI Point" option. The "Session Record" in the PSM informed me that the point was deleted successfully.

After that I recreated the point using the PIServer.CreatPIPoint(String Name, IDictionary Attributes) method, and sent new values to update the point using PIServer.UpdateValuesAsync(List<AFValue> , AFUpdateOption) method.

But the point's values are not updated, and the PSM "Session Record" writes the error:

"PI-CV> Error displaying value for tag CDT158: [-11147] Point ID not found in archive"

I insured that the PIServer.UpdateValuesAsync method receives a list of AFValues with the point-ID that matches the CDT158 tag that I am trying to update, and therefor the error saying "Point ID not found in archive" is not clear to me, since the ID is found in the archive.

Can someone help me understand what may cause this error?

Maybe my deleting operation or the creation of the new point were not done correctly?

• Re: Point ID not found in archive Error
          tramachandran

PI Data Archive stores data for points based on a unique combination of PointID and RecNo, not by TagName. When a point is deleted and then recreated, the PI Data Archive generates a new PointID and RecNo for the point.

Were you able to verify the the CDT158 was created with a new point ID?

You can verify your point settings on the server by running piartoo -sd <pointname> which should indicate the new Point ID and Record Number.

I would also recommend closing System Management tools and reopening again and performing a Tag Search in Point Builder to verify the point has been created.

Once you are able to verify the point creation it should be easier to find the issue with UpdateValues method.