5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2018 8:17 PM by aharon

Visualizing PI System Data with PI Vision - Introduce Yourself!

jjohl

Hi everyone!

My name is Jason Johl and I'm one of the facilitators for the Visualizing PI System Data with PI Vision online course. I am a Product Support Engineer here at OSIsoft where I handle a number of different responsibilities including Tech Support, Field Service, and (my personal favorite) In-person and Online Trainings like this one.  I've been working at OSIsoft for over three years now and work out of the San Leandro, CA office.  Some of my hobbies outside of work include hiking, cooking, and video games.  I just got back two days ago from vacation in Italy where I did some hiking in the Dolomites!

This discussion thread is for the July 16th, 2018 class.

Now, please take a moment to introduce yourself and say hi to your classmates. We would like to know who you are, what you do, your goals for this course and anything else you'd like to share!

A few reminders:

• This is a self-paced course. The course material is available 24/7 here: Visualizing PI System Data with PI Vision You can review the content, try the exercises at your schedule for the next 3 weeks.
      • The only requirement for obtaining the certificate of completion for this course is to submit a successful final project to me before the end of the 3-week session.
      • If you have any questions, please post them on the discussion forums that are actively monitored by me and our other course facilitators, students and community members.
      • We typically encourage you to work with your own PI System and own data to create a final project that's meaningful for your work. However, if you do not have access to a working system, you could purchase an optional learning environment for this course for 3 weeks.

Once again, welcome to the course!

Jason

• Re: Visualizing PI System Data with PI Vision - Introduce Yourself!
          JLeskowat

Hi! My name is John Leskowat. I am a Performance Data Analyst here at Duke Energy Renewables in North Carolina. I work to support the data integrity for all our reporting for wind and solar power generation. Additionally, I am interested in using our data to generate some powerful visualizations to enhance our reports and assist decision makers. I have only just begun here; less than a month in! If I'm not at work, you can find me outdoors, whether working in my yard, or running/biking/hiking...fresh air inspires me!

Looking forward to the course!

matt.au

Hi,

I'm Matt Au. I work at the Las Vegas Valley Water District. I've been working with PI for the past 10 years and with AF for the past 3-4 years. We started playing around with PI Vision a few months back and I hope to learn more about how to make good displays, and if there is any insight to gain in organizing AF to make things in PI Vision simpler and easier for our users to access.

My main hobby is speed cubing (Rubik's cubes). I'm about a 30 second solver, use the ZZ method for solving and compete in World Cube Association events in our local area. My wife and I started a club at an elementary school and teach it to next generation of speed cubers. This upcoming school year will be our 5th year of teaching kids how to crush the cube!

y062569

Hello everybody, my name is Rich Cooper. I work for AB-InBev at our corporate offices (in St. Louis, MO) as a Corporate Brewing SME. I get to work directly with our Brewmasters at our 12 US breweries and 6 breweries in Canada.  I support the brewery teams by helping them to improve KPI and financial performance through strategic initiatives and best practice sharing/benchmarking. We have recently started using PI within our breweries.  The system seems very powerful. I am interested in using PI to generate some powerful visualizations that will help with data analysis to make more impactful decisions. I am also very new to this system.

Cheers!

BMinsight

Hello , this is Bharat Marwaha from Covestro.

I plan to use Pi AF and Pi Vision to monitor key process equipment within Covestro.

I am a process engineer by education.

aharon

Hello my name is Aharon

I work over in the control center for Alyeska Pipeline in Alaska. Our section monitors and analyzes non critical maintenance alarms and provides on call support to the controllers, field technicians and automation for questions regarding the control system or automated functions. We have had a PI system since 2001 currently with about 80,000 tags and 10+ interfaces.
                  Sadly, PI is severely underutilized at our company in large part because we do not have a framework (people, practices, policies, communication, service model) in place to deliver analytics within the company.

I took on the role to change our course and will likely bring on a PI system admin and developer to help build the data foundation needed to get our company to a point where we start using data to make decisions.

I will also be attending the PI Oil & Gas user group meeting in Denver September 20th, hope to see some of you there