4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 7:32 AM by igreguri

RDS to PI Vision

igreguri

I have a lot SharePoint pages with PI Table WebPart that load data from RDS (relational datasets queries).

How to migrate this into PI Vision?

Regards,

Igor

• Re: RDS to PI Vision
          lmlcoch

Create a Table in PI AF, then use Table Lookup attribute data references and visualize them in PI Vision.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              igreguri

Thanks Lubos,

I do not like it because it is not supported great functionality as it was in WebPart.

It is not possible dynamically refresh a table that retrieves query data.

lmlcoch

Igor, could you elaborate on your use case? We could leverage AF capabilities to build dynamic (using placeholders) queries within Attribute configuration and set the cache refresh interval of the Table to the minimum. I think we should be able to take care of most use cases. Looking forward to hearing yours!

igreguri

Hi Lubos,

if you have for example 10.000 movements in process and their activity is constantly changing it is very hard to dynamically execute it by using AF table, and (if I understand correctly) table lookup to attributes, and after that some rollup analysis etc.

It would be much easier to make possibility direct display AF table (with linked query) in PI Vision or like in WebPart trough some RDS.