1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 9, 2012 8:03 PM by Ahmad Fattahi

Creating an XY Plot in ProcessBook from Calculated Values

mikeloria

In my PI data, I have position tach counts coming from motor drives that determine the distance a product has run through a production line. These are Int 32 values that go to 2.2 billion and rollover. There are 730 count per foot so it is easy to convert to a distance.

I am able to determine the begin tach count and time and the end tach count and time that a product started and ended at a specific point on  a production line. I wish to create an XY plot in ProcessBook where process data is interpolated at 5 foot increments for a product.

I can easily calculate the 5 foot increments by doing adding 730*5  tach counts to the begin tach counts and then determining the time that the value was equal and continue this until the total calculated tach counts is greater than or equal to the end tach counts. I then can find the process values at th etime of the 5 foot increments.

Is there a simple way to do this in ProcessBook? I know I can do this in .Net, using OLEDB but I was hoping there might be some simpler way using the XY plot and VBA so I can do this on demand and not have to do it for every product and have to archive it.

Thanks in advance for your kind input on this problem.