AnsweredAssumed Answered

Microsoft Excel OLE In Use Error, but only with Range Data, Manual Array Definition and Macro Extensions work fine without errors??

Question asked by EEgangstafarmer on Jul 31, 2018

So I am working with about 47 tags, using Calculated Data function to find max values and return their dates. If I allow Calculated Data sidebar thing to place data items in for my tags when I click OK on my data every single tag gives me the fun Microsoft Waiting on OLE to complete error. HOWEVER, if I instead use the sidebar to create the query I want, and then go into to Excel formula bar to make relative references to the tag cell, hit CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER to manually generate an array output, then use the normal macro dragging (the plus on lower right side of cell) then I can extend the formula across all the tags, and never see the error.

The kicker is once I have manually made the array, the Side bar now shows my data as a range over the affected cells and hitting apply works fine, without throwing the OLE error any longer. Anyone seeing similar behavior?

Outcomes