AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best way to compare 25 years data of 4k around tags

Question asked by Paurav Joshi Champion on Aug 1, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 by Roger Palmen

Hello folks,

New Simple question:

I already have 2 PI DA- one is old DA O and the other is new DA N. Data has been already copied from DA O to DA N and I am trying to find a lighter approach (in terms of memory and resource consumption) to confirm that DA N has all the data of DA O, so that DA O can be decommissioned. By data I mean here 25 years worth of data of 4k around tags.

Old Complex question:

We have a case where there are two PI DAs - one old DA going to be decommissioned and the other is going to be used for future reference - with 25 years of data and 5k around tags, and we want to check that both PI DA has almost same data for important 4k around tags (that means m talking here about lots and lots of data). I'm exploring which are the best methods to do this comparison with accuracy >=97% .

One simple solution is using AF SDK get bulk query call for each year time period and do comparisons, as far as I can presume this can become nightmare in production servers.

Any suggestions if this kind of question you have faced. To Rhys Kirk ,Roger Palmen ,Ernst Amort and all others.

Regards,

Paurav Joshi

Edit:

P.S.: I'm considering the use of statistical comparisons like F-test.

Outcomes