5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 5:18 PM by jjohl

Virtual enviroment connection

Christso

I cannot connect to any of the 3 virtual machines remotely ,I got this error message every time . Need help .Thank you.

screenshot.PNG

• Re: Virtual enviroment connection
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Christina

VM’s might be deploying and would request you to drop an email to learning@osisoft.com if problem persists for long.

Regards

Lal Babu

jjohl

Hey Christina,

I can look into this for you.  I'll shoot you an email with more information.

Jason

mikebehr37

Hello Jason,

I am having the same issue connecting

jjohl

Hey Michael,

Because yours is still in the deploying state, this is expected that you won't be able to connect.  You'll need to wait until it says "In Use" and is green, this means it is deployed.  Once fully deployed, please try logging in.  If you're still getting issues after that, let me know via this thread or email at jjohl@osisoft.com

Thanks!

Jason

jjohl

For visibility: If others are having problems accessing the VM's, please double check that the following requirements are met:  (taken from the Learning FAQ)

What are the system requirements? 

The Training Cloud Environments are composed of virtual machines hosted on Microsoft Azure that you can access remotely. In order to access these virtual machines you will need the following:

• A network connection with 1 Mbps of bandwidth available per user
                        • A Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Client
                        • The virtual machines IPs are assigned by Microsoft Azure from a very large range of IPs. You can download the range of Microsoft Azure IPs, the cloud environments use the range found in the region uswest found in the XML file that you can download here
                        • Access the domain cloudapp.net where the machines are hosted. A typical connection string has the form cloudservicename.cloudapp.net:xxxxx, where the cloud service name is specific to a group of virtual machines and xxxxx is a port in the range 60000-60050. Therefore users connecting to Azure virtual machines must be allowed to connect to the domain *.cloudapp.net throughout the port range 60000-60050. If you cannot connect, check your company firewall policies and ensure that you can connect to this domain on the required ports

You can test your connection by downloading one of the following zip files and following the instructions in the readme file contained in them.
                        Connection1.zip
                        Connection2.zip
                        Connection3.zip