3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2018 1:35 PM by Ervin Tovalino Espinoza

Interact value's symbol with a custom symbol - PI Vision

Ervin Tovalino Espinoza

Hello all:

I am doing a custom symbol using DataShape: 'TimeSeries' that allow me use attributes with Data Reference: PI Point but not attributes with Data Reference: Analysis.

So I am tryng to get the value of an attribute with Data Reference: Analysis vía another symbol.

Is there any way to do this?

PD:

- I read this post: Creating PI Vision Symbols that Interact with Each Other , The Chatting Symbols, however I don't understand at all how to do. ( I am a bit unsure about it because I will need to edit a line in PIVisualization.app.js and my system is on production but if this way solve my issue I will do it.)

- Another way is using backfilling on this attribute, but it is 4 year data with 1 minute as period trigger and replicate on about 20 tags so I thinks it is not a good idea.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph.

• Re: Interact value's symbol with a custom symbol - PI Vision
          Ervin Tovalino Espinoza

Update my post:

I opted to go for the 2nd PD, the attribute was backfilled and it works good until Error 1003 appears (Too many points in dataset. Current limit is 400. Please modify the query to return fewer points or increase the limit).

I am doing a display with a time range of the whole month updating the value and seems to support only 4 days before overload my symbol.

Need help.   ️  ️  ️

jyi

Hi Joseph,

Can you tell us about your goal, please? 400 values on screen are already quite overwhelming for the users and it will be very difficult to display all the values in a PI Vision display.

Perhaps we can suggest a path forward if we knew what you are trying to do.

Best,

Jin

Ervin Tovalino Espinoza

Hi Jinmo:

What I want to do was (is) develop a graph as column bars where each bar represents the production of every day, we've got two plants so also we need a stacked columns. We use an analysis on midnight to get this value (was backfilled too), apart from that we should show the value of the current time refreshing as much as possible so at this point I tried to use another attribute that not consume a tag and it was not able to add to the symbol because DataShape: 'TimeSeries' does not allow use attributes with Data Reference: Analysis. I decided to use the attribute as PI Point but as I was using the type query: ModeEvents, then I got 1003 error. The type query was changed to ModePlotValues. The dashboard is under observation.

To be honest, I really don`t know how ModPlotValues and Interval works and it could be fail again, I think.

Joseph.