5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2018 8:38 PM by Joshua8879

Configuring a Simple PI System - Introduce Yourself

jjohl

Hi everyone!

My name is Jason Johl and I'm one of the facilitators for the Configuring a Simple PI System online course. I am a Product Support Engineer here at OSIsoft where I handle a number of different responsibilities including Tech Support, Field Service, and (my personal favorite) In-person and Online Trainings like this one.  I've been working at OSIsoft for just over three years now and work out of the San Leandro, CA office.  Some of my hobbies outside of work include hiking, cooking, and video games.  I've just started playing and really getting into Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4.

This discussion thread is for the Aug 6th, 2018 class.

Now, please take a moment to introduce yourself and say hi to your classmates. We would like to know who you are, what you do, your goals for this course and anything else you'd like to share!

A few reminders:

• This is a self-paced course. The course material is available 24/7 here: Configuring a Simple PI System  You can review the content, try the exercises at your schedule for the next 3 weeks.
      • The only requirement for obtaining the certificate of completion for this course is to submit a successful final project to me before the end of the 3-week session.
      • If you have any questions, please post them on the discussion forms here that are actively monitored by me and our other course facilitators, students and community members.
      • We typically encourage you to work with your own PI System and own data to create a final project that's meaningful for your work. However, if you do not have access to a working system, you could purchase an optional learning environment for this course for 3 weeks.

Once again, welcome to the course!

Jason

• Re: Configuring a Simple PI System - Introduce Yourself
          BenStill

Hi everyone,

My name is Ben Still with Industrial Insight Inc. We do data consulting mostly with PI systems. I've personally done a few installs, but I'm looking to streamline my PI setup for customers. I'm looking forward to learning more and picking up any details I don't already know.

thassiong

My name is Thassio Gomes, I'm PhD in Chemical Engineering for Federal University of Campina Grande.

I'm owner of Multitech Engineering and Consulting in Campina Grande - PB in which develop several activities.

Some of my hobbies outside of work include to play Counter-Strike Global Offensive and play soccer.

I would like to learn a little more about this tool and who knows how to apply this knowledge in the local industry.

ASmith15

Hello all, my name is Aaron Smith. I am pretty new to PI although I have been working in industrial controls for almost 10 years. I am looking forward to a successful implementation of PI on our system. I am in the great North of Alaska where the sun is already rapidly headed back towards the South. I am looking forward to an excellent three weeks, thankful this is a self paced course!

david.anaya

Hello Everyone,

My name is David Anaya. I am a Senior Application Support Analyst at Exelon. I just recently began learning how to use and support PI and how to expand my knowledge of the application. PI is a very powerful tool used by the company I work for and opens the door for me to expand on my technical abilities. I am looking forward to learning from this course and eventually becoming a full time support person of the PI application. Good luck, everyone!

Joshua8879

Hello Everyone,

My name is Joshua Simpson. I work in Quality for Sanofi Pasteur and am brand new to PI. I am very excited to learn the basics of this very powerful tool so that I can apply this knowledge to my own system