AnsweredAssumed Answered

Install a PIPerfMon without ICU

Question asked by ccattell on Aug 13, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2018 by gregor

Hello all,

I am trying to set up a PIPerfMon from a script, without the need to use the GUI of the ICU. The idea is to run the script on several VMs remotely.

When I create an interface and install it using the ICU, I have no issues. I can find the newly created PIPerfMon in my interface list inside PI System Management Tools.

However, when I create the PIPerfMon through the command prompt, it does not seem to appear in the interface list of PI System Management Tools. I have been able to install the service and configure it to be identical to the one created by the ICU.

My PIPerfMon.bat looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PIPC\Interfaces\PIPerfMon\PIPerfMon.exe" /PS=# /ID=196 /host=[myhost] /pisdk=0 /maxstoptime=120 /PercentUp=100 /perf=8 /f=00:01:00

I have installed the service using sc create and using the -install option when running PIPerfMon.exe from the cmd line. Neither seems to work. As far as I can tell, the service I create and the service the ICU creates are identical.

Is there some step the ICU performs that I am not doing when creating and configuring the service and .bat file from a script/command prompt?

Thank you,

Christian

Outcomes