4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2018 10:12 AM by ashiq

Create a PI Tag

ashiq

Dear Friends

I need your help to create a tag which is actually not present in our OPC Server, three  available tags in my OPC server like Gross Load, Consump unit 1 and Consump unit 2 will be involved

I plan to create a tag underlined by utilizing available tags  PLANTNETLOAD=Gross Load - (Consump unit 1+Consump unit 2).

your guidance in  this regard would be highly appreciated

thanks & regards

Ashiq

• Re: Create a PI Tag
          VasanthakumarR

Hi Ashique,

You can achieve this calculation either using PI Analysis or using PI Performance Equation. I recommend you to use the PI Analysis for this calculation,

PI Analysis:

You need to create the attributes with PI Point Data Reference in PI AF to store the input tags Gross Load, Consump unit 1 and Consump unit 2  and create the one more attribute to store the Output tag.

Create an expression analysis to perform this calculation and store the output in the output attribute referenced to PI Point (PLANTNETLOAD).

-Vasanth.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            vkaufmann

Just to be clear, there is no solution that does this with 1 tag. This solution will take at least 3 tags to complete, 1 tag for each value in the sum, and possibly another tag if you choose to save the history of the sum or not. Vasanth mentioned that you can do this in AF which would be the preferred tool, but it can also be accomplished in a Performance Equation in case you don't have an AF/Analytics system in place.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              ashiq

Dear Vasanth Kumar & Vincent

Thanks for your guidance as per your recommendation I have started working on PI Analytics  as these things are new for me  that's why will take little bit time

But I believe if moving in the correct direction will definitely lead to success.

while i have joined this course   Configuring Analytics with PI AF  for further understanding and implementation

Thanks & regards

Ashiq

ashiq

DearS

i have created the above-mentioned tag using performance equation ('PLANTLOADMW'-('10BBT02CE116IN'+'BBT01CE116XQ01')) ... evaulated and got the results

thanks again for your guidance

BR

Ashiq

1 of 1 people found this helpful