AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI Analysis service - general stability

Question asked by Roger Palmen on Aug 17, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2020 by Roger Palmen

Hi all,

Without diving into detail, i just wanted to ask around if there are others having the same kind of problems. Currently running AF2017R2, not too big set of elements, but with quite some inheritance in templates, analytics, etc. Now quite often, if changes are made to the AF model or the AF templates, the Analysis service starts behaving badly, e.g. creating calc failed where there is no reason to. Only after a restart of the Analysis service, things go back to normal. But i think frequent restarts of the Analysis service is not the way forward.

What are your experiences? Have you seen specific uses of functionality that cause this in particular? Any pointers on how to narrow down on the issue?

One more specific issue i recall is that i created an additional analysis on a template, output to a child-attribute. However this template had a derived template where this attribute was overridden, and i forgot to also add the child-attribute to the override. But now the analysis service complained there was no output defined. Only stop, delete, restart, create, restart resolved the issue.

These are intermittent problems, so diving in to find the root cause is difficult to justify, but something we do want to collect some data on while we are at it.

Outcomes