8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2018 6:48 AM by Eugene Lee

Creating points on Pi-Collective primary when services are down

Noga

I am new to the HA pi-collective option, and I am using AF-SDK to create new points on a primary member of a pi-collective.

When I am creating new points on the primary pi server while all this server's services are down, and then restart all the services, I see no points creation on the primary or on the secondary members.

Values for existing points do get updated on the primary and on the secondary members after restarting the primary services, but no points creation.

Two main things I would like to know are-

- Is this is a limitation that the pi-collective has when trying to modify points data (like creating, updating attributes and deleting points) when the primary is down, or is there something wrong with my collective set-up?

- also, after primary-server services shut-down, my secondary server is not available as well- I can get no data on the secondary "Pi Management Tool" and get the error:

Error: -2147220224, a winsock error occurred while attempting to open a session on a server. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. server causing the problem: 'my primary server name' "

is that the way the secondary suppose to act on primary shut-down?