11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2018 3:49 PM by ssauder

PI vision: Values are not coming on same time

NarendraB

Hi,

Why analysed attribute values are not going to change on the same time once AF attribute values are changed.If analysed values are depends on attribute values then it should be changed on same time.

Below image for reference:

Because of this issue, I couldn’t show trend properly. What I have do, to solve this?

• Re: PI vision: Values are not coming on same time
          Shibu

Hi,

The AF attribute values shows the real time data and the analyzed attribute  shows the values when last triggered.

Thanks

Shibu.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Roger Palmen

From the data we see, it's too early to draw a conclusion. We need some more details on the data which you can see in PSE

Two ideas pop up:

1. Compression settings might cause you to 'loose' analysis outputs. But that typically should not impact the current value
            2. Check the analysis outputs: are you really sure the analysis fire at the same time, and produce output at the same time? What does Analysis evaluation and/or backfill preview show, and does that match expectations?

And of course the PI Point settings as mentioned. But not likely, as if you changed these from the defaults, you probably did that for a good reason and did not change these and have this issue.

ssauder

Are these AF Attributes of type Analysis Data Reference? (techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/KB/KB01586/)

If so, they are subject to the AF caching settings of PI Vision. I believe the default is two minutes, which seems to fit with the screenshot you posted. You can force these attributes to update at the same frequency as everything else by updating a pair of settings. In %programdata%\OSIsoft\Coresight\PIDS_Settings.config:

<pidsSettings>

<add key="AFCacheUpdateTimer" value="5"/>
                  <add key="AFUpdateTimeOut" value="0"/>
              </pidsSettings>

NarendraB

Hello sundar,

I have tried this one also but I did not find my solution, In AF these are scanning on same time then why should not in PI vision.

is there any scan class setting as like SMT?

So, is it necessary to keep or remove...

<add key="AFCacheUpdateTimer" value="5"/>

<add key="AFUpdateTimeOut" value="0"/>

Thanks,

Naren

ssauder

Are these AF Attributes of type Analysis Data Reference? If you're not sure, do you mind posting a screenshot from PI System Explorer? If they are not this type, than my suggestion is not relevant.

PI Vision (more specifically PI Data Services) does its own caching for performance reasons. That is why the update behavior could potentially be different than PI System Explorer.

The lines I posted would be the suggested values of those settings.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          NarendraB

Hi,

Look Here, values are scanning in same class, but why we are not getting same scan class on PI Vision.

Analyses,

Once I tried "Advance Scheduling" but did not get any positive output.

Thank You,

ssauder

Okay, I can see from your screenshot that the result of the Analyses are not being written to a PI Point. That means they are Analysis Data Reference and the caching in PI Vision that I mentioned is relevant.

You have two options if you would like these to be displayed in closer to real time in PI Vision. You can adjust the config settings I mentioned earlier in the thread. Or alternately, you can modify the AF Attribute configuration so that historical values are saved for the Analysis i.e. the results are written to a PI Point.

2 of 2 people found this helpful