4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2018 4:38 AM by rjones

LIMS Integration

rjones

Does anyone have examples / experience with ThermoFisher SampleManager LIMS integration with PI ? Is this always bespoke or are there some well know predefined routes to go ( I assume through PSA ) ?

• Re: LIMS Integration
          gregor

Hi Robert,

Some cases in our Technical Support database indicate ThermoFisher is offering an add-on to SampleManager LIMS which connect to the PI Data Archive through PI API. I suggest you to get in touch with ThermoFisher.

If my findings (above) turn out correct, please make sure you obtain a PSA License for those PI Servers you connect. Since you included PSA with your question, I assume you are aware but for anybody else who may be wondering what PSA means, please refer to this resource which informs about licensing requirements related to Developer Technologies used in custom applications.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • Re: LIMS Integration
            gmichaud-verreault

As Gregor Beck mentioned, ThermoFisher has an API-based application to write to PI called the SM-PI interface.

SampleManager LIMS transmits data taken from discrete measurements to PI. Samples obtained from the discrete sampling points and taken to the laboratory can be logged into SampleManager. Once the sample has been analysed for the pre-defined test, it can be sent to the PI system in a secure manner using the SM-PI interface.

Alternatively, I would also discuss with them if the data is access through an ODBC connection. From the website, I could not find any conclusive information, but majority of LIMS system allow some sort of ODBC connection that can be used by the PI Interface for RDBMS.

Gabriel

3 of 3 people found this helpful