AnsweredAssumed Answered

PIServer.UpdateValuesAsync Method don't use PI Buffer subsystem

Question asked by Noga on Sep 5, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2018 by tramachandran

I am using AF-SDK 2016 and in my code I call the method PIServer.UpdateValuesAsync with the 'BufferIfPossible' and 'Buffer' options to update AFValues to a data archive PI-Server.

I configured the server buffering using the 'Buffering Manager' and verified the buffer health is good.

I also tested that the buffering works fine by stopping the buffer with the command 'pibufss -bc stop' while manually updating values (= by using 'Edit value' in the Archive Editor of the PSM) , and using the command 'pibufss -qs' to see that the Total event read/Total event write are not synchronized and only after starting the buffering with the command: 'pibufss -bc start' . the events synced.

The problem is that the buffering works fine and registers events in the 'Buffering Manager' only when I update values manually. But when I update values using the PIServer.UpdateValuesAsync method or PIServer.UpdateValues method, the values doesn't use the buffer -> when using 'pibufss -bc stop' command: the ''Buffering Manager" doesn't show any events accumulating in queue, and the 'pibufss -qs' command show no update of the Total event read/Total event write parameters.

I am not sure if this information is relavant for figuring the problem, but- when running the command 'pibufss -creg' the applications listed as running in my machines are:  SMTHost.exe, PISDKUtility.exe and PIBaGen.exe

I wonder what can be the reason that the function call from my application won't use the configured buffer?

Outcomes