1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2018 1:07 PM by Lal_Babu_Shaik

PI Display Tool question

Tomas Stark

Hi,

we have moved our PI system to new servers, so I have to run the PI Display Tool to change AF Server and Data Archive Server data references for the displays.

The AF Server has a changed name, so in that case I only enter the source name and destination name in the display tool.

The Data Archive server has an alias, sepihy, that we have redirected to the new server. However, if I look in the table dbo.Displaydatasources the reference includes both the alias name and the server ID.

Should I enter the full string sepihy?old_server_ID as the source and sepihy?new_server_ID as the destination to have the correct changes made in the database?

Regards,

Tomas

180906 Skärmklipp.jpg

180906 Skärmklipp 2.jpg

• Re: PI Display Tool question
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Tomas

Please enter PI SERVER name (sepihy). If you are planning to change AF server then enter AF server name and select database. If no change is required then you can leave the field blank. During migration if utility fails to find name(Source) it will not replace your existing PI server name. If you are using Collective, i would request you to avoid individual server names in source and destination fields.

Thanks,

Lal

1 of 1 people found this helpful