1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2012 12:26 PM by Asle Frantzen

PI AF Custom data reference error

Jaison_Rodrigues

I have created a custom data reference  plug-in which consumes a WCF web service. The interface definition of the  WCF service is available in Shell.Sssp.Dsl.Piaf.WebContracts.dll. The custom data reference plug-in and the WCF web service are build in .NET Framework 4.0. I am using Process Book 3.2.0.0 and AF Server and AF Client 2010 R3. The Shell.Sssp.Dsl.Piaf.WebContracts.dll is referenced in the custom data reference plug-in. The custom data reference creates an instance of the WCF service and makes calls. The custom data reference works well in PI AF System Explorer when mapped to a PI AF attribute and retrieves the values. However, when I use same AF attribute (which points to the custom data reference in PI System Explorer) in Processbooks the  below message is displayed. Kindly let me know if a custom data plug-in developed in  .NET Framework 4.0 works with Process Book 3.2. If so, why this  message is displayed.

0143.Untitled.JPG

The message is "Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\ProgramData\OSIsoft\AF\PlugIns\Shell.Ssp.Dsl.Piaf.WebContracts.dll' or one of its dependencies.This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot e loaded"