4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2018 6:00 AM by chayleb

PI Web Api - Copy from PI Tag to PI Tag

chayleb

Hi,

Is there a PI Web API that can copy values from PI Tag to PI Tag with specific timerange?

Thanks

• Re: PI Web Api - Copy from PI Tag to PI Tag
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Chayle

If tag exists in two different PI servers then i would suggest you to setup PItoPI interface. Else you can use PI AF Analysis to backfill data from one tag to another.

Thanks,

Lal

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              chayleb

Hi Lai,

Thanks for the reply.

What I needed to do was get a source pi tag data and push to destination AFBD (with the PI Tags)

based on some logic.

Steps:

1. I have source PI Tag data ,

2. based from audit logs (mysql), some analysis will be done to make a list as to which user those PI Tags

belong to at specific times.

3. based on the list, I will copy the values from source to destination PI Tag with the specific timings

Requirement: Source and destination AFDB has different format and should be separate.

This can be done using PI JDBC call but then we opted to use PI Web API instead.

Best Regards,

Chay

gregor

Hello Chayle,

To answer your question, there is no PI Web API command which takes a timerange argument and copies events from one PI Point to another. You would have to break this task down into read and write operation. I believe Lal Babu Shaik has suggested some good options but if you don't like them for some reason, can you please indicate why you like to use PI Web API for this purpose?