5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2018 1:42 PM by vkaufmann

Configure Pi Archive simulator to generate values every second

Noga

I installed Pi Data Archive 2016, and enabled the PI Ramp Soak Simulator (rmp_sk) Interface x64 and PI Random Simulator (random) Interface x64 services with their default configuration.

I also use the default tags installed with the Pi Data Archive to test the simulator.

What I would like to do is configure the simulator to generate values to Float and Int tags every 1 second, and not every ~30 sec as it generates by default.

Looking at the 'PI Data Archive 2016 System Management Guide' it suggests that on the PSM, 'location 4' is where this parameter should be configured.

but I am not sure how to configure it.

what value should I insert? Is there a way at all to configure that?

• Re: Configure Pi Archive simulator to generate values every second
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Noga

You can use PI ICU and create an interface using batch file or .exe located in %PIPC%Interfaces\Random. You can specify the scan frequency in the ICU.  PI Point location 4 is be configured to scan class in the interface (rate) and pointsource to PointSource in the interface and Location1 to the ID. Depending the random wave you like to generate in values you can alter location 2 and location 5.

Alternatively you can modify batch file /f refers to scan class and /ps to pointsource.

Thanks,

Lal

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            skwan

Please consult the documentation which is available for download from our tech support site.  In short, you need to change 2 things.  First, you need to create a scan class for the Random interface for your desired scan rate (frequency).  In your case, you need a scan class for 1 second.  You will need to restart the Random interface to pick up the new scan classes.  Second, you need to change the "location 4" PI Point attribute for your PI Points that are getting data from the Random interface with this new scan class.  Be aware that you can have many scan classes, with different offsets, etc.  You do not need to restart the PI Data Archive for these PI Points to pick up the "location 4" change.

This is just a short summary.  Details are in the documentation.

--

Steve Kwan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Roger Palmen

This is one of the first things i always change: set the update frequency of Random to 1 second. No need to mess around with the Point configuration, as this is only controlled through the scan class settings.

You can configure that by using the ICU, by opening the batchfile, located typically at: C:\Program Files\PIPC\Interfaces\Random\Random.bat.

Or you just change the .bat file and change the first /f=00:00:30 to /f=00:00:01

I know this might cause some uproar in the community as i change the holy SINUSOID, but i like SINUSOID so much, i want it every second!