3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2012 5:37 PM by DavidMFairchild

Pre-Requisites for Installing PI-Web Services

DavidMFairchild

I am attempting to install PI Web Services on Windows Server 2008 R2 which has IIS 7.5 installed.

I updated .Net Framework to 4.0.

I downloaded the latest version of PI Web Services from VCampus (2010_R3_x64).

On installation it notifies me that IIS Metabase and IIS 6 Configuration compatibility must be installed.

I have searched for this on Technet and haven't been able to find it.  Everything I have found says to enable the feature, but the feature isn't on 2008 R2.  I did find one web site that said to activate .Net Framework 3.5.1 Features which I had previously done.

Where do I find this software requirement? Or do I need to down grade my server to run IIS 6?

Thanks,

Dave Fairchild

• Re: Pre-Requisites for Installing PI-Web Services
          Bhess

Dave,

Those are actually role services for the Web Server role in Windows Server 2008 R2. Here's the instructions to add them:

1. Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.

2. In the navigation pane, expand Roles, right-click Web Server (IIS), and then click Add Role Services.

3. In the Select Role Services pane, scroll down to IIS 6 Management Compatibility.

4. Click to select the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility, IIS 6 WMI Compatibility, and IIS 6 Management Console check boxes.

5. In the Select Role Services pane, click Next.

6. In the Confirm Installations Selections pane, click Install.

7. Click Close to exit the Add Role Services wizard.

Best,

Brad